We are excited to extend an invitation to your school to join us for the sixth annual Child Talks event, organised by the Ombudsman for Children’s Office. This event aims to amplify the voice of children and young people and provide a positive platform for them to tell stories that are personal to them.
Taking place on November 7th, 2023, at The Helix, DCU, Dublin, young voices will discuss important topics under the theme “The Ireland I want to live in…”. This exciting event will feature Mark Langtry, the Science Guy from RTE, alongside TikTok star India Sasha, as well as live music by Michael Moloney from the Late Late Toy Show and DJs from Music Generation.
- Inspiring Dialogue: Engage your pupils in meaningful conversations on topics such as racism, LGBTQ+ rights, mental health, vaping, autism awareness, transgender children’s rights, and girls’ participation in STEM subjects amongst others.
- Educational Enrichment: Participation in Child Talks equips pupils with valuable insights and critical thinking skills while addressing real-world challenges.
- Guest Speakers: Esteemed guest speakers will share their expertise and insights on the event’s central theme, “The Ireland I want to live in…”
- Live Music: Enjoy live musical performances throughout the event, enhancing the overall attendee experience!
Registration Details: To register your school, kindly visit our Sign Up Page. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with further instruction and an event pack will be sent to your school, providing you with essential information to prepare for the day.
Note: All pupils will require consent to attend the event.
- Date: Tuesday, November 7th 2023
- Start Time: Arrival from 10:00am, Event start 11:00am
- Finish Time: 12:30pm
- Duration: 1hr 30 minutes
- Venue: The Helix, DCU, Collins Ave, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
We look forward to welcoming your school to Child Talks 2023, where, together, we can empower young voices, inspire change, and foster a brighter future.
Should you have any inquiries or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com or call us on 01-5224800.