The study of literature such as novels, short stories, and poetry written in the English language.


The subject of English covers as wide range of topics such as literature, poetry, film studies, functional writing and compositions.

Exam Structure – Junior Certificate

90% from final exam, remaining 10% from the Classroom Based Assessment.

Exam Structure – Leaving Certificate

100% from final exam at the end of sixth year.

Careers in English

  • Teacher
  • Journalist
  • Librarian
  • Politician
  • Researcher
  • Writer

Latest French News

French Is The Language Of France

French Is The Language Of France

Morbi facilisis faucibus nunc, pellentesque fringilla quam lacinia ac. Aenean quis diam nunc. Praesent lacus est, efficitur sit amet feugiat in, pharetra et lectus. Duis sed sapien vel purus accumsan tincidunt id a purus. Ut a neque diam. Donec eget magna ligula....

read more

This is a student’s post

Donec rutrum sapien a augue lobortis pharetra. Sed pellentesque sollicitudin arcu vitae scelerisque. Donec eget orci nec felis gravida elementum. Cras congue felis quis metus maximus, nec lacinia ante auctor. Mauris ac nibh tristique magna pulvinar auctor. Morbi a...

read more

Meas, Mórtas, Muintearas.

Respect for ourselves and others, pride in our work, and a sense of community.